Northern Territory mango grower Manbulloo Mangoes has blitzed the Coles Supplier Awards, winning Coles Brand Best In-Store Execution Supplier of the Year.
Following a milestone year for mango sales in 2014-15, Manbulloo Mangoes was recognised at Coles’ biggest ever Supplier Awards which celebrate excellence in providing merchandise, services and goods not-for-resale across the business. From its farms in Katherine and Townsville, Manbulloo Mangoes tripled the amount of mangoes it supplied to Coles in 2014-15 compared to the previous year, celebrating the popular fruit with Coles customers and team members through its successful Mangolomania campaign.
Coles Managing Director John Durkan said Manbulloo Mangoes had supplied Coles with mangoes for nine years and was a deserving recipient of the award. “Manbulloo is committed to collaborating with Coles and their vision is to be a significant part of the best mango retail offer in Australia. They are absolutely focused on delivering top quality mangoes to our customers,” he said.
Manbulloo Mangoes part-owner Marie Piccone said she was thrilled to receive the award.
“Winning the Best In-store Execution award is very special for Manbulloo. It shows the results of the collaboration and hard work done by my team and our great partners in Coles’ fresh produce team,” she said.
The Coles Supplier Awards were announced at a Gala Dinner at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on Wednesday 9 September, with other winners including:
- Flavour Makers won the Product Innovation and Quality Award for its collaboration with Coles to launch nine Coles Brand ready-to-eat soups in an innovative microwavable pouch.
- Tiger Coffee won the Best Product Launch Award in recognition of its work to install coffee machines at all Coles Express stores throughout Australia.
- Simplot won the Community Champion Award for its collaboration with SecondBite to donate 123,000kg of food to people in need during 2014-15.
- Littore Family Wines jointly won the Outstanding Service Award in recognition of its commitment to quality, improvement and forecasting techniques.
- NCR jointly won the Outstanding Service Award for supporting Coles’ store operations with a range of innovative and leading-edge hardware and software solutions.
- Australian Fresh Leaf Herbs received the Rising Star Award for its commitment to quality, innovation and in-store engagement since the company began supplying direct to Coles in October 2014.
- Mondelez International (Kraft and Cadbury) jointly won the Supply Chain Excellence Award for its achievements in availability, simplicity and collaboration.
- Parmalat jointly won the Supply Chain Excellence Award, in recognition of its achievements in availability, simplicity and collaboration.
- Tassal won the Sustainable and Ethical Excellence Award after achieving Aqua Stewardship Council (ASC) certification for its salmon farming operation, a world-first for salmon aquaculture.
For inquiries or images, contact Julia Balderstone on 0409 570 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Rebecca Schrauf on 0418 664 770 or email@example.com